Please ensure your child does Mathletics every week.
Your child will change their books on a Monday and Thursday each week. Please read with them regularly and remember to sign the reading diary at least twice a week.
Remember to do lots of Maths and Literacy around the home and out and about, e.g.
- We have 7 people for dinner, and I only have 3 forks here. How many more will you need to get out?
- What numbers can you see on the bus? Is it a bigger or smaller number than our door number?
- What place names can you see on that sign? Should we turn left or right?
- I have put 8 grapes and 2 tangerines into my packed lunch box. How many pieces of fruit do I have altogether?
- What digraphs can you see in the name of this road?
In D.T. 1HL made Harvest Apple Punch. The children helped to make it, then got to drink it. After that they wrote about what we thought, as well as list the ingredients.
We have been comparing numbers. Which is more? Which is less? What is greater than? We used objects, pictures and numbers to help us.
Then we started to use signs instead of words: < >
Sometimes both numbers can be the same, so we used =
Can you read each of our statements using the 'greater than' and 'less than' signs?